- June 2013 We will be opening for U-Pick and Picked Strawberries approximately June 14th. The crop looks great this year. Call 604-946-8216 for up-to-date information.
- Emma Lea Farms is now open on Saturday and Sunday during the Fall Season, from 10AM - 6PM.
- The farm is now closed. Thank you for coming out this season.
- We are coming to the end of the Raspberry season, so get yours soon to last you through the winter. We will be having our second crop of Strawberries this weekend, and they are delicious. Our Blueberries are in full supply now and they are big and delicious. We hope to have them in supply until closing which will be approximately August 19th, so please don't miss out. These wonderful healthy berries are so easy to freeze, you will enjoy them all year. We eat them frozen right out of the freezer, like candy! Thanks for your continued support, we appreciate it so much. Kevin, Joanne, Family and Staff, Emma Lea Farms
- Emma Lea Farms now has Blueberries ready for U-Pick and to buy at our store. They are beautiful this year and one of natures healthiest foods for you. We also have Tayberries and Blackberries, Jams and Honey, and some of our fresh vegetables available. We thank you for your continued support, it helps keeps our farming possible.
- We are now open for the season, starting with our wonderful crop of U-Pick and Picked Strawberries, New Potatoes, Jams, and Honey. Check out our availability section to see what comes next! Also, stop for a Milkshake, Sundae, or other Ice Cream treats at Emma's Ice Cream Stand, you'll be glad you did. Thank you for your support, we do appreciate it. Kevin & Joanne.
- The weather is finally warming up and the tractors are out in the fields. The Strawberry plants are looking beautiful and starting to get blossoms on them. We are looking forward to a great berry season, so hope to see you mid-June. Check our Facebook page for more up-dates, and remember to call 946-8216 for opening dates. See you soon!
- We are now closed for the season and would like to thank all our customers for their continued support, you have been great. Thank you very much and we wish you a happy healthy year. We will be doing our best to continue to grow the best healthiest food for you and will see you next June. Kevin, Joanne, Family and Staff - Emma Lea Farms
- We will be closing our stand on Sunday August 21st for the season. We will still have lots of beautiful Blueberries to pick or to buy fresh until that time, so please don’t miss out. You will be pleased in the winter to have great berries in the freezer to enjoy. Thank you.
- The Blueberry picking is great and the fresh picked Blueberries are in the Fruit Stand now. As the crops were later this year, we will have Blueberries until approx. Aug 20th. Don't miss out on natures healthiest foods...and great tasting too!
- July 12/11 - This is the last week for Strawberry u-pick, so don't miss out. We now have u-pick and picked Tayberries and Raspberries, OK Cherries, New Potatoes, fresh Peas, Jams and Honey. Always call to make sure what you want is available as it could be sold out or unavailable that day for some reason. Thank you.
Strawberry Season is Here!
We are opening on Wednesday June 22nd with a limited supply of Strawberries. We should have a good supply by the weekend. Strawberry season is for another 2 - 3 weeks following this, but please call 604-946-8216 for up-to-date information.
Our Latest Newsletter
Preparing for Berry Season.
We are closed for the season,
but will re-open mid-June with
more delicious fruit and veggies.
We thank you very much for your
support again this year and wish
you a happy, healthy year ahead.
Closing August 8th, so don't
miss your Blueberries, Blackberries,
and Veggies at Emma Lea Farms.
July 13, 2010
Raspberries, Blueberries and Blackberries are waiting for you!
They are tasty and in supply now.
Also, Tayberries will be over soon.
June 28, 2010
We now have U-Pick Raspberries and Tayberries as well as the Strawberries and New Potatoes.
On Canada Day, Thursday July 1st from 10 am to 6 pm, we're selling Strawberries, Ice Cream and Hot Dogs for the Delta Hospital Foundation.
May 12, 2010
New Emma Lea Farms website by Click Designs
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Emma Lea Strawberries
Our sweet and juicy strawberries will be ready for you to pick, or to buy them freshly picked for you daily from early June until early July. The start date can change from year to year, depending on the weather.
We perform test plots every year to try out new varieties, always searching for the best, sweetest and juiciest berries. The berries we have to offer you have passed those rigorous tests and we are sure you will enjoy these sweet, great tasting berries that are very healthy for you.
Please call (604) 946-8216 for up-to-date picking information.
STRAWBERRY PICKING AT EMMA LEA:
- 1. Be prepared for all weather with hats, boots, sunscreen, bottled water, etc.
- 2. Bring your own containers such as ice cream buckets, baskets, or pails.
- 3. We have a number of wagons available for your use to carry several baskets of fruit. You may also bring your own.
- 4. Come into the U-Pick Stand and we will weigh the empty containers prior to picking (container weight will be deducted from your final weight).
- 5. We will direct you to the correct field.
- 6. Pick your fruit ripe, leaving the stems on until ready to eat or process. This keeps them fresh longer.
- 7. Once you have your fruit, return to the stand to weigh and pay for your berries. We have sinks where you can wash the fruit and enjoy them in our picnic area near the Ice Cream Stand where we offer ice cream, cones, sundaes or milk shakes. It's a wonderful treat after picking the fruit!
If freezing your berries, let dry on a towel, then place on a cookie sheet, single layer, and freeze for 2 hours. They will be semi-frozen by then and can be placed in an airtight container in the freezer for winter enjoyment.
DID YOU KNOW?
Strawberries have so many antioxidants, they're among the top three fresh fruits that pack this disease-fighting punch. Antioxidants can destroy cell-damaging free radicals, which is one reason why strawberries may help prevent cancer and heart disease.
Please note that we are CASH/DEBIT ONLY. Please, due to food safe requirements, no pets on the farm. Thanks.
For more information go to www.bcstrawberries.com.